Sunday, December 30, 2012


I have decided to try blogging again. I have attempted it a couple of times in the past but I just don’t seem to do a very good job keeping up with it. Well, a new year is almost here so time to try again.

My family doesn’t use Facebook so hopefully a blog will help them stay more in touch with me and my furred and feathered family; which brings me to the name of my blog, Team Zero Gravity. I have 4 dogs (3 greyhounds and a lab mix ranging in ages of almost 5 years old to 8 years old), an almost 18 year old cat and a 15 year old Eclectus parrot.

When my youngest Greyhound, Blaze was a puppy (yes, I actually adopted him as a puppy from an adoption group that used to be in Florida), I was living with my now ex-husband on a large recreational lake in North Georgia.  When we would go out boating and hanging out at local beachy shorelines, I made Blaze wear a life jacket. He would zoom around the beach in his jacket. I got a cute photo of him with all 4 feet off the ground in his jacket. We used to joke that he looked like he was wearing a gravity jacket to keep him on the ground. Hence the Zero Gravity saying.

When I got divorced, moved away, bought my own house and added more members to MY family, we always seemed to be running here and there and flitting about everywhere. Since I do various sports with my dogs, it only seemed fitting to call my little family Team Zero Gravity.



Rio doing agility

                                                                                            Blaze doing agility
 
Cori doing K9 Nose Works  

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Chloe lure coursing
 
 The “team” includes my cat, PJ who has always lived a life fitting of zero gravity and my parrot, Reggie—who really does fly around. In fact, they are actually the original Team Zero Gravity members.
Reggie 
 
 
 PJ

We have a fun but very busy life together. Blaze and Cori are therapy dogs. All four dogs have different activities they enjoy doing. I do a lot of volunteer work with a local Greyhound adoption group, Southeastern Greyhound Adoption (www.greyhoundadoption.org). We even foster Greyhounds (13 so far) and occasional Pit Bull puppy (2 so far) J

 I bought a used travel trailer in 2012 so travel together as a little family would be a little easier (and more fun). We’ve used it twice for so far and enjoyed our trips together. We went to Tennessee for an agility trial and we went to North Carolina to a dog centric campground for Thanksgiving.

Never a dull moment (or at least hardly ever) at our house. Hopefully this blog will create a memorable record of our adventures (and non-adventures) together. So here goes my new attempt at blogging. Wish me luck!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Kathy! I didn't know you were involved in all those activities. I'm looking forward to reading about them on TZG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn--busy dogs are tired dogs and tired dogs are good dogs :) Seriously, I enjoying doing all the different things with my dogs. It makes life more fun :)

      Delete